What is google Bert algorithm? Google announced BERT Update on October 25, 2019
It will bring the most significant change in Google SERP that we all will see in coming months. BERT will help in understanding the search queries better. It will impact search ranking and featured snippet both. In the initial phase it will be used in U.S. English Searches. BERT – Bidirectional Encoded Representations from Transformers.
How will BERT affect SEO and website’s ranking in Google search?
BERT model will affect search ranking and featured snippets both, understanding search quarries better it will provide genuine website more often than optimized websites. But gradually it will be introduced to other regions, and initially, it will not be used in 100% searches. As far as we know, it will be used in 1 out of 10 searches in US English. The main reason of it’s limited usage is its complex nature, it just pushes Google’s hardware to their limit. The main reason to introduce BERT is to bring more natural feeling in search results. For featured snipped in all 24+ countries BERT will work to bring a more natural and accurate or relevant result.
Let’s check the query “2019 Brazil traveller to USA need a visa” and it’s related search result in January 2018 and March 2020. The difference will show how BERT is working.
As in this keyword “do aesthetician stand a lot at work” here google was interpreting the word stand as stand alone before showing wrong results which got corrected after the introduction of BERT.
Google updates in 2019:
September 24, 2019 Broad Core Algorithm Update
The notable changes that a broad core algorithm will bring are:
1. Drop or gain in search ranking.
2. When it’s a core update it will not target any specific thing or reason. It’s designed to improve Google overall performance and search results.
3. This update will not penalize the pages rather assess them with other pages and based on optimization points provide ranking.
4. The best way to deal with a broad core update is to provide the best content possible and focus on providing the same with regularity.
5. Website’s that get affected by broad core update doesn’t recover until the next rolls out in few months.
6. Improvement in search ranking in the next update is minimal if no on-page and off page changes are done and no steps taken to make the page more useful.