Here, Need and Emergence of E-commerce is discussed in the perspective of digital marketers. We all are living in the age of e-commerce and digital marketing, where people prefer to shop more online rather than visiting any physical stores to buy the products of their choice. Though for generations the concept and mindset of people remain the same that, people who want to buy something they usually should visit any local store near his/her home. Well, we don’t need to mention here that time has changed tremendously. And with the rising popularity of e-commerce websites people have started purchasing online and this trend is increasing at a booming pace. In this regard, many small business owners have already dived into this fast-growing sector to woo the generation x and y with lucrative deals and offers online. As per the data revealed by some leading market research firms now the retailers have to make a strong presence across the online community, if they desire to retain their current market position in the future, and that’s why there has been rising popularity of digital marketing services as well.
Reason for Growing Number of Online Shoppers
- The reason behind this massive online shopping trend is that, here customers get great deals with fast, sometimes even free shipping with simple cost comparisons, different paying options. This is why many people are shifting to online shopping stores from the traditional retail market.
- In the given context, it is worth noting that, on 6th October 2014 Flipkart held a flash sale campaign called “Big Billion Day” and registered a record sale, where their server got crashed as it received millions of hits in a very short range of time.
- So, you can see e-commerce has been gaining such popularity with time. It gives you the advantage to shop online in the comfort of your home and also provides you with unlimited buying choices and several paying methods.
- On any physical store, the number of stocks is limited, but in an online store, you get a huge range of products to choose from with stock alerts.
- Then all these online shopping site offers easy shipping of goods straight to your home where you can pay in cash on delivery basis.
- Thus, all these factors are the fundamental reasons on which small business owners must focus to boost their sales volume. These online shopping websites allow even a small vendor to reach a wider mass and sell their products on a national or international level.
- Here, people get to shortlist items from an array of products based on their preferred brand, quality, price or features and hence it’s much easier to start shopping online rather than visiting any nearby physical stores.
Why There Is A Need & Emergence of E-commerce?
- It gives a seller an opportunity to grab all online buyers to promote or sell their products easily online.
- Further, to add more this industry has come up with a great opportunity for all small business owners to sell their products online.
- It lets buyers choose from an unlimited number of attractively designed product pages and almost never ending stocks, which drive the customers to take action and buy from your links.
- With the advent of E-commerce and online shopping sector, people are getting more inclined towards your services and training that you are going to promote.
Thus, E-commerce has emerged as a boon disguised for marketers and business owners whose products got listed and then sold to target customers. The customer buys the product at his/her personal convenience. It is really a win-win situation for both the sellers and the buyers.